Terms of service
We run a feedback management platform called Nolt and would love for you to use it. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your Nolt board as possible. However, be responsible in what you and your end-users publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your Nolt board.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by Nolt, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our Services requires a Nolt account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your Nolt Account and Nolt Board. If you create a feedback board on Nolt, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and board, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the board. You must immediately notify Nolt of any unauthorized uses of your board, your account, or any other breaches of security. Nolt will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a board, create a post on a board, comment on a board, post material to Nolt, post links on Nolt, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Nolt, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these Terms. By submitting Content to our Service for inclusion on your board, you grant Nolt a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your board. If you delete Content, We will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Nolt, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, we have the right (though not the obligation) to, in our sole discretion, (i) reclaim your board's URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in our reasonable opinion, violates any Nolt policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Nolt to any individual or entity for any reason. We will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Attribution. Nolt reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your site footer or sidebar, attributing Nolt, for example. The sidebar may not be altered or removed.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as extra features are available (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay us the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service via our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Nolt before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your boards' dashboard.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material's content, use or effects. By operating our Services, we do not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that we believe such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Nolt links, and that link to Nolt. We do not have any control over those non-Nolt websites, and are not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Nolt website, we do not represent or imply that we endorse the website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Nolt websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As we ask others to respect our intellectual property rights, we respect the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Nolt violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify us in accordance with our Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. We will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. We will terminate a visitor's access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of us or others. In the case of such termination, we will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to us.
5. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from us to you any Nolt or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with us. Nolt, Nolt.io, the Nolt logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Nolt or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of us or our licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any of our or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. We reserves the right to update and change these Terms at any time. You can review the most current version of the Terms at https://nolt.io/help/terms. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material, we will notify you via e-mail to the email associated with your account. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
We may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Nolt account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” We and our suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither we nor our suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
9. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively Canada.
10. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will we or our suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to us under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. We shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless us, our contractors, and our licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Nolt and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Nolt, or by the posting by us of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties' original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; we may assign our rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
These terms of service are based on those of WordPress.com which have been made available under a Creative Commons ShareAlike license.
Questions? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about our commitment to accessibility.
Get to know the subprocessors we use to provide our services.
GDPR & DPA
Learn how Nolt complies with GDPR.
Learn about how we keep your data safe.