We run a feedback management platform called Nolt and would love for you to use it. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your Nolt board as possible. However, be responsible in what you and your end-users publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your Nolt board.
Terms of Service
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by Rebase, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our Services requires a Nolt account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your Nolt Account and Nolt Board. If you create a feedback board on Nolt, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and board, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the board. You must immediately notify Rebase of any unauthorized uses of your board, your account, or any other breaches of security. Rebase will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a board, create a post on a board, comment on a board, post material to Nolt, post links on Nolt, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Nolt, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these Terms. By submitting Content to our Service for inclusion on your board, you grant Rebase a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your board. If you delete Content, Rebase will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Nolt, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Rebase has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Rebase’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your board’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in Rebase’s reasonable opinion, violates any Rebase policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Nolt to any individual or entity for any reason. Rebase will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Attribution. Rebase reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your site footer or sidebar, attributing Nolt, for example. The sidebar may not be altered or removed.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as extra features are available (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Rebase the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service via our online reseller Paddle.com. Paddle is the Merchant of Record for all our orders. Paddle provides all customer service inquiries and handles returns. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Rebase before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your boards’s dashboard.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
Rebase has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, Rebase does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Rebase disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Nolt links, and that link to Nolt. Rebase does not have any control over those non-Nolt websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Nolt website, Rebase does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Rebase disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Nolt websites and webpages.
4. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As Rebase asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Nolt violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Rebase in accordance with Rebase’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. Rebase will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Rebase will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Rebase or others. In the case of such termination, Rebase will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Rebase.
5. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from Rebase to you any Rebase or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Rebase. Rebase, Nolt, Nolt.io, the Nolt logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Nolt or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of Rebase or Rebase’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Rebase or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. We reserves the right to update and change these Terms at any time without notice. You can review the most current version of the Terms at https://nolt.io/legal. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via e-mail to the email associated with your account. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
Rebase may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Nolt account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” Rebase and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Rebase nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. If you’re actually reading this, here’s a treat. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
9. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Swiss law is applicable. Place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively St.Gallen, Switzerland.
10. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will Rebase, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Rebase under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Rebase shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
11. General Representation and Warranty.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Rebase, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Rebase and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Rebase, or by the posting by Rebase of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Rebase may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
These terms of service are based on those of WordPress.com which have been made available under a Creative Commons ShareAlike license.
Your privacy is critically important to us. We have a few fundamental principles: We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services. We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it. We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what information is shared publicly (or kept private), indexed by search engines, and permanently deleted. We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
1. General information
This policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use our sites, services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”).
2. What we may collect
We collect information about what Nolt pages you access, information about your mobile device (such as device or browser type), information you send us (such as an email address used to register or communicate with us), and referral information.
When you use our Services, we may collect and store your Internet Protocol address. We may use this information to fight spam and other abuse; to personalize our Services; or to generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use our Services.
When you create your Nolt account, and authenticate via a third-party service like Twitter or Google, we may collect, store, and periodically update the profile information associated with that third-party account.
3. Email from Nolt
Sometimes we’ll send administrative emails about account or service changes, or new policies. You can’t opt out of them. You can always opt out of non-administrative emails such as thread notifications.
We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, send it to us so we can investigate.
4. Disclosure of your information
As a rule, we don’t share your personal information outside the company. We won’t sell your personal information.
We may share your personal information with third parties in limited circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a vendor or partner who meets our data protection standards; or (3) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
If we’re going to share your information in response to legal process, we’ll give you advance notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we’re prohibited from doing so by law or court order. We will object to requests for information about users of our site that we believe to be improper.
5. Modifying your personal information or deleting your account
If you have a Nolt account, you can access and modify your personal information, or delete your account here. If you delete your account, your account and content may be unrecoverable.
To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
6. Your data protection rights
In accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have a right of access, correction, and removal of your personal data which you may exercise by sending us an email request to email@example.com. Your requests will be processed within 30 days. We may require that your request is accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity or authority.
8. Third party services
Nolt uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run Nolt.
- Cloud and data centers. The application is stored and executed in a collection of systems operated by Heroku. Privacy policies: Heroku
- Content delivery and traffic optimization. We use Cloudflare to deliver the website content. Cloudflare ensures that your Nolt boards can be quickly accessed from all over the world. Uploads are hosted and delivered by the service Cloudinary. Privacy policies: Cloudflare, Cloudinary
- Payment processing. Credit card billing information is getting stored with our credit card payment processor Paddle directly. We do not store your credit card information on our servers. Your credit card information is never transmitted via our website. Privacy policies: Paddle
- Registration and authentication. Users can sign in via a passwordless login system or social networks such as Twitter. That means, no passwords are stored by Nolt, removing the risk of a password breach or leak. Privacy policies: Twitter
- Profile information. When you authenticate via a social network, we store the email address and profile image. If no photo is available, an anonymized string created from your email address (also called a hash) is provided to the Gravatar service to see if a profile picture of you is available for display. Privacy policies: Gravatar, Twitter
- Usage statistics, tracking & marketing. We use Google Analytics with enabled IP anonymization to discover which parts of our website and software need improvement. We might use Google AdWords or re-marketing from Google, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn to promote our service and our content. Privacy policies: Google
- Transactional emails. In order to send system emails, we use the mail services provided by Sendgrid. Privacy policies: Sendgrid
- Board integrations. Nolt allows board administrators to link their Nolt board with other applications and services, such as Trello or Slack. With these integrations, we share usernames, posts, and comments. Privacy policies: GitHub, Slack, Trello
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. You use the Service at your own risk, and you’re responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account (like using a strong password).
Questions? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.Rebase GmbH
9000 St. Gallen
Company registered in Switzerland under CHE-493.297.605